In terms of the basement remodel, Courtney and I have got quite a bit done over the past two weeks:
- The wet bar and cabinets are installed.
- Courtney has finished painting (this was quite a lot of work). All of the receptacle covers and vents are now installed.
- All of the chair rail is painted and I should be finished installing it this week.
I also finished installing the trim around the speaker cubby holes. I'd always wanted to try black stain so we went to Lowes and had some specially made (it was called Onyx). I have to admit it looks pretty cool since stain does not hide the grain as much as paint does. I think I will make the picture frame around the fish tank this week and stain it the same.
Other random thoughts:
- Chiefs game sucked this weekend.
- Nascar sucked this weekend (Jimmy Johnson is a sponsor whore and a D-bag).
- Still working on posting what we did on our honeymoon.