This recipe is actually a combination of two different recipes plus an addition of bacon. One recipe was for Bisquick's Cheeseburger Casserole and the other is a Cheeseburger Pie from The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook. I had lots of bacon that needed to be used up and I figured who eats a cheeseburger without bacon?
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
2 cups bisquick
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 t oregano
salt and pepper to taste
3 T Worcestershire sauce
small can of diced green chiles
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
10 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 t ground mustard
1 t salt
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Combine ground beef, onions, and green peppers in a skillet on medium high heat and cook until meat is brown. Mix in tomato sauce, cheddar cheese soup, oregano, diced green chiles, bacon, 1 T Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Stir Bisquik and water in a small bowl until moistened; spread evenly in the bottom of a greased 13x9 baking dish.
3. Pour hamburger mixture on top of dough.
4. In a medium bowl combine 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 2 eggs, 2 T Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup milk, 1 t salt, and 1 t dry mustard.
5. Spread on top of hamburger.
6. Bake uncovered in a pre-heated, 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.