Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Walt Disney World Trip 2016- Days 8 through 13- Free Days and Driving Home!

Day 8 was Saturday, March 5th and we made a visit to Disney Springs, ran errands and spent some time at Fort Wilderness

We went to Walmart for food, Lowe's for items to fix the camper, and Whole Foods for Kombucha. After all of those errands we went to Disney Springs.

It is a huge outdoor shopping center with everything Disney. I spent a fair amount of time in the Disney Christmas store and bought a personalized ornament. We then ate lunch at the Boathouse with a nice view of the water. We had the raw tuna poke for an appetizer, two beers and two glasses of wine, I had the chopped salad with wild shrimp for lunch and Brian had the crab cakes and we split truffle fries. It was a ton of food! Plenty for leftovers.

After lunch was more shopping; we went into the mega Disney store to find a shot glass, and then right after that we went into the glass store and found an even better shot glass and a trinket for my display box at home. After that we were shopped out so headed home for relaxation. We drove the golf cart around awhile, walked around for a while, sat at the picnic table outside, played on the playground and checked out the Chip n Dales campfire. We decided to come back and meet Chip n dale on our last night, so we headed home to eat dinner, watch a movie and play the Wii.

Day 9 was Sunday, March 6th and we had fast passes for the Star Wars ride, Tower of Terror, and The Great Movie Ride and spent some time at the Fort

We slept in after all staying up too late playing Wii and coloring. I made breakfast and we got ready to go back to ride Star Tours and Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, as well as the Great Movie Ride, which we hadn't done yet. We didn't bring any bags or stroller, so we got in and out really quick. We came back to the campground and drove around in the golf cart, then took Jack for a pony ride, played on the playground and hung out at the beach for about an hour. We took the cart around for another drive and then headed back to the camper for dinner and the Oscars. 

Day 10 was Monday, March 7th and we rented a pontoon boat

In the morning we slept in a little bit then I made breakfast. Brian had to work, so I took the golf cart on my own down to the beach and around to take pictures. After Brian was done, we went down to the dock to rent the pontoon boat for a couple of hours. They gave us the low down and we were off.

It was a 21 foot pontoon boat with a very small motor on it, so there was no speed racing. We had to watch for all of the resort/Magic Kingdom boat traffic, but it wasn't too bad. We tooled around and checked out the other resorts from the lake for a while, then headed back in. I definitely like the pontoon life, so I think that will be our next boat.

After we were done with the pontoon rental, Brian took Jack out on the little two-person Sea Raycer (actually made by Sea Ray- our boat manufacturer). They said it was fun- probably because it had the same size motor as the pontoon boat! I relaxed on the beach and soaked in the sun.

After they were done with that, we came back to the camper to eat lunch. After lunch, we walked the nature trail over to the Wilderness Lodge. It was paved, so Jack practiced riding his bike while we walked.

We explored the Wilderness Lodge a bit- they have great scenery and a nice pool. We walked back and went to the camper to relax before dinner at the Hoop De Doo Musical Revue at the Fort. The dinner show is really fun.

We had great seats- second row, center stage. We ate delicious cornbread, salad, ribs, chicken, beans, corn, mashed potatoes, and a bite of the strawberry shortcake. You can also have all you can drink wine out of mason jars! It was a family friendly musical hoedown with a little audience participation. I would do it again, and it wasn't even that expensive by Disney standards.

After the show, we came back to the camper and Brian and Jack played Wii and I fell asleep.

Day 11 was Tuesday, March 8th and it was our last day at Walt Disney World

We started the day with our last three fast passes at Magic Kingdom.

We caught the boat over and got right in because we didn't have any bags. We headed straight to our first fast pass- Big Thunder Mountain- and we got right on. On our way to our second fast pass, we stopped at the Haunted Mansion because there was no wait. It's a cute ride. We still had some free time before our next fast pass window, so we rode The Peoplemover over Tomorrowland. We then headed to Space Mountain- definitely Jack's favorite ride. I think mine is still Star Wars or Tower of Terror. After that, we headed back to catch the boat back to the Fort to grab lunch at The Trail's End Cafe.

We hadn't eaten there yet and decided to do it since it was our last day. The food was actually really good- Brian had the chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and I had the spicy shrimp and grits with andouille sausage. Service was pretty slow, but maybe that's because we were in a hurry to be out of there. We packed up a bit, then headed to the pool. We spent almost 2 hours there, then Jack decided to be a dare-devil and climb up the slide and gave himself a pretty good goose-egg on his face, so we were done at that point.

We went back to the camper to get cleaned up and do one last memory ride on the golf cart while it was still light. After that, Jack wanted to take his bike out, so we circled the campsite loop two times. Jack got really good at circling back instead of stopping when we're walking. He's actually pretty good and daring on the bike now. After the bike ride, we hopped on the cart one last time to return the cable bag and stop by the Chip and Dales sing a long to meet Chip and Dale.

Then it was back to the camper for the rest of the night. We called it early because we were getting up at 4 A.M. to get a head start on the drive.

Day 12 and 13 were Wednesday, March 9th and Thursday, March 10th

These two days were filled with driving home. We stopped again at the Manchester, TN KOA for an overnight. Because we got an earlier start, we were able to check the place out in the daylight. It wasn't too bad for an overnight.

And that's all folks! It was one of the best trips we've even taken. And because of that, we're doing it again in 2017! Same time, same place! Site has been reserved, golf cart has been reserved, and planning is underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment